Monday, April 26, 2010

Serial Killer – About

I was walking by a magazine shop and happened to see the 'Spy - January 2010 - B.V. Anataram Special' a Kannada Detective magazine.
With nostalgia as I went near, also mentioned on the cover page, sadly, was that 'Sri B.V. Anataram is no more'.

It was in November 1994, that I read a story by B.V. Anataram published in 'Spy - Nov 94 - B.V Anataram Special’.
It was so kick ass that I added it to my collections.
Long since I have stopped following the 'Spy' magazine and none of you might have heard his name since it's the most ignored genre in Kannada literature. (And this issue needs a debate).

I came home & dug up my collection of books & there it was, the Nov 94 Spy B.V Anantaram Special!
Though it's not in great shape, I could read some sections of the story again & it still kicked ass as much as did it 16 yrs earlier for the first time.
It has to be one of the best stories of detective/thriller genre I have ever read.
Since some parts of the book are worn out & it's in Kannada, this is my attempt at retelling the same in English & it's a tribute to late B.V. Anantaram. RIP.
I intend to make a post on every Tuesday & Thursday & it won't stretch beyond a month :-)
Please read the first episode & if you like it, do share it with those who may be interested.
Needless to say that your comments are welcome :-)
I prefer you sending a mail to detectivethriller@gmail.com with subject line 'subscribe' to receive the updates.
(Alternatively you can bookmark the page/Subscribe to the feed.)
Thanks & Happy Reading :-)

2 comments: